Anthony J. DeNavarra, D.M.D., B.S., B.A., D.I.C.O.I.
- High School Diploma - Northeast High School, St. Petersburg, FL '74
- Bachelor of Arts in Christian Education – Trinity Bible College, Dunedin, FL ‘79
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences - Wm. Jennings Bryan College, Dayton, TN '84
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville, FL '90
- General Practice Residency – Bay Pines Veteran’s Medical Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL '91
- Certified in IV Sedation - Florida Dept. of Health and Board of Dentistry
- ACLS – American Heart Association
- Member of the Mid-Florida Implant Study Group – AAID (American Academy of Implant Dentistry) Study Club Mentor 2 Program
- Member in good standing: American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, West Coast Dental Association, Pinellas County Dental Association
- Fellowship Award of ICOI – International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- ADA via Council on ADA Sessions and International Programs presented the Certificate of Recognition for Meritorious Service to the People of Guatemala
- First Baptist Church of Indian Rocks and The World Outreach Team presented award for Faithful Sevice and a Genuine Love for Worldwide Missions – Sept. 24, 2000
- Fellowship Award of ADAI - American Dental Association of Implantologists
- Mastership Award of ADAI
- Diplomat Award of ADAI - This is the highest level award of implantology, spring of 2011
- Diplomate Award from ICOI - The International Congress of Oral Implantologists is the largest implant organization in the world. The diplomate award is the highest honor bestowed and the highest level of achievement in implantology. We had to take a very rigorous written exam and also present 120 completed complex cases which were student carefully by the judges in the ICOI before recognition could be given.
Private general dental practice in St. Petersburg, FL, since 1991. We offer a full complement of cosmetic dentistry. For example, the latest crowns (called DVS by 3 M Lava) are a blend of an all ceramic core fused to a transluscent veener which makes it look more like real enamel. The lava is one of the strongest materials known to dentistry as well as the state of the art in esthetic dentistry. They are milled by a precise computer program so the fit is flawless.
We enjoy all aspects of general dentistry whether white fillings or porcelain ¾ minimally prepped restorations. We practice IV sedation routinely and we do just about every surgical and restorative procedure except orthodontics.
Our office is a condo association and we are purchasing our own building. There is a unlimited free parking in our lot which is directly in front of our building.
We are very current in our training, approach and technology. Our piezosurgery unit is a state of the art surgical machine which cuts hard tissue (bone) but will not cut soft tissue (nerves, sinus membranes, etc). It is very critical for implantology and preservation of vital structures and bone.
We also own BTI PRGF (platelet rich growth factor) system which takes the growth factors like “stem” cells from the patient’s own IV line and aids in the growth of soft tissue and bone. We use it in our sinus lifts and bone reconstruction. It appears to have helped keep infection away as well as to grow tissue.
Prior to dentistry: missionary, pastor, commercial painter and wallpaper, blueprinting, construction, hospital and nursing home orderly, grocery store manager, choir director, children’s church minister, and chief custodian of Rudd Chapel at Bryan College.
We authored a book available at iuniverse.com and barnesandnoble.com as well as other sites, called: "I Never Backed Down". This book is the life story as told by former patient, friend, and mentor, Gene Turner, also known as the father of kingfishing in the west coast of Florida. Gene passed away in October of 2010.It's about fishing and a very special man who did alot for conservation and fishing in Florida.